FASHION SHOW FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
+ What is the Fashion Show?
- The NC4K Fashion Show: A Night of Champions is a celebratory event where we gather as a community to support our pediatric cancer heroes and their families. This event is NC4K’s largest fundraiser of the year. Modeling in our fashion show are members of our community including those who fundraise for NC4K, corporate sponsors and most importantly our Hero Kids themselves! In addition to the program, guests can enjoy appetizers, a silent auction, music and a variety of entertainment activities.
+ Why should I attend?
- NC4K knows how to have fun and this is one fun night! Join us to celebrate our families, support our mission, laugh, dance and be a part of making a difference in the lives of kids fighting cancer.
+ How did the Fashion Show begin?
- In 2007, Nellie planned the first Fashion Show, intended to be a one-time event. In the process of planning the event a little girl named Eden entered the pictured. Eden was going through her second battle with cancer and in the midst of treatments, doctors' appointments, hospital stays and everything else that comes with the battle, Eden remained ecstatic to model in the first NC4K fashion show. Nellie was in awe of how much life and energy was contained within Eden. When the day of the show came Eden was ready in her black dress, sparkly bald head, and gold shoes. As soon as Eden stepped out into the bright lights she stole the show! As she strutted down the catwalk the audience honored her with a standing ovation. Eden’s essence defined the first catwalk, and remains present in every show since.As the show ended Eden leaped into Nellie's arms and said with her sweet voice "That was so much fun….I can't wait until next year!” Right then Nellie knew NC4K was here to stay. Unfortunately, in late 2008 Eden lost her battle with cancer, but her joy and energy stays with us in everything we do.
+ Where do funds raised go?
- Funds raised support NC4K's mission to provide support kids fighting cancer.
+ What should I wear to the event?
- Recommended attire for the NC4K Fashion Show is dressy casual.
+ Who models in the show?
- Our models are a mix of local Champions who have fundraised for NC4K, sponsors and of course some of our Hero Kids. Our models participate to have fun and to support the NC4K mission.
+ What is required to model?
- All models must be registered online by August 15th. In order to keep your spot in the fashion show, each model must raise $250 by September 6th. To sign up as a model click here.
+ What is an individual registration?
- Individual registration is for those models wanting to walk by themselves in the fashion show.
+ What does it mean to have a team?
- Having a team for the fashion show means that there are 2 or more people wanting to walk together. Every team member is required to raise $250 to secure their spot in the fashion show.
+ Do we pick the clothes we model?
- Yes, models are responsible for providing the outfits they will model.
+ Will there be a model meeting?
- Yes, we will host a model meeting prior to the event on Tuesday, September 3rd from 6:00 - 8:00 PM at Casablanca Modeling - 8351 High St #100, Columbus, OH 43235.
+ Do parents of models need to purchase tickets?
- Yes, parents, family, and friends wishing to attend the event must purchase a ticket. Models get in free. To purchase tickets click here.